Book Recommendations: TRAVEL AROUND THE WORLD

by - 12:33 PM

Hi, guys!! This is Silvana and today I bring you a special list of books. I think I have never taken so long to do one since we started the blog. But this one... oh my god, guys. So let me explain things first. For a while I have wanted to do a recommendation list with books that are set in countries all around the world. I think I saw Dahlia Adler talking about this on Twitter or something? But either way, I really got the idea from her.

A while ago I made a list but I never really found a lot of books, but to be honest, I wasn't searching enough and I didn't know a lot of books then. But now months later, I actually could come up with a big list and of course, Goodreads helped me HUGELY. Plus I want to thank some people that also made my life easier by helping me: Maf (@Bookwormwanders), Eri (@willowmoore), Siiri (@rosecoballoway), Brianna + Angelina (@otakutwins1) and Sue (@SueYAHollywood) and of course my own co-blogger, Mana.

There are some oldies, new releases and some not-yet released ones as well. A little bit of everything. The characters might be on vacation in that country. They might be from that country. They might be time-traveling to that country. It also might be an alternate universe of that country. Anything is possible definitely.


You can totally click the image on top of this text so you can see the picture better and bigger and brighter. But either way, I'm going to go from continent to continent and put the title/author/place they are set and the link of the books down below, so you can see the pictures better + the books!









*They haven't released yet
{Also if I'm wrong with any book, if I put the country wrong or simply it has bad rep, put it in the comments please!}

Do you have a favorite book that is set outside the US? 


You May Also Like

24 comments

  1. Guys!!! This is one of the coolest blog posts I've ever seen. I love the maps and I love your selections. Really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ajahsadands Julia!!! thank youuu omg this is the greatest compliment ever (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

      Sil

      Delete
  2. I have been looking for a post like this for ages, it's such a brilliant idea and super helpful, plus the maps are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're glad you find it in our post yay! Thankyou thank you!! Eeeeep truly you're so sweet

      Sil

      Delete
  3. Unicorn Tracks! Fantastic list thank you for putting it together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crushingly Close is from Manila :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know there's a trip to Indonesia at some point? So that's why I put it there hehe Thank you tho!!! :)

      Sil

      Delete
  5. This is such an amazing list. I love that there are THREE Japan books! Eek. Time to look into those...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're into horror stories (kinda?) you should check out The Girl From the Well! Contemporary side: Seven Days of You. Historical side: Risuko. And a bit of a time-traveling adventure/scifi: A Darkly Beating Heart! And thank you so much for checking our list out!

      Sil

      Delete
  6. This is awesome -- I love the maps! Definitely added a book or two to my TBR.

    Serena
    poetree {blog} | editing services

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so awesome! I love how you broke up everything in terms of country and have those maps; I'm definitely going to reference this in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH this means a lot truly <3

      Sil

      Delete
  8. This is an amazing idea! Thanks so much for putting it together!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG THAT'S SO AMAZING!!!!!! omg omg omg!! thank you so much for this amazing post! i love how it summarizes all the books set outside the US, it's just so cool!
    - Maha @ younicorn reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (✿◠‿◠) wooooo so happy you love it! hahaha thank you so much <3 *sobs*

      Sil

      Delete
  10. Sil you are the bomb dot com dot com 5ever. This list is all the amazings, five times over. Thank you for being a heavenly angel and making this

    - Aila @ One Way Or An Author

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Aila <333 You're so kind YOU'RE AN ANGEL ლ(╹◡╹ლ) please never change

      Sil

      Delete
  11. This list is amazing! Thank you so much for putting this up! :D

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!! thanks for saying that and checking it out <3

      Sil

      Delete
  12. This list is SO COOL! I've read The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón (absolutely loved it) and Anna and the French Kiss. I love this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BOTH VERY VERY GOOD :') I hope you get to read more from this list! Thanks for checking it out

      Sil

      Delete