PERFECT RHYTHM BY JAE // Guest post: Meet Leontyne Blake

by - 1:55 PM

Hello, wonderful people. Can't believe I'm posting something new? You can believe it. Because I aaaaam. Today is a good day. Also wait for tomorrow because I have something fun as well to share with you all. 

Today I bring you a new romance novel, a little tease so you all can go a buy it. If you love F/F romances with celebrities and some sweet romance, you can bet you can be interested of this one. 


Title: Perfect Rhythm
Author: Jae
Publisher: Ylva Publishing
Release date: September 20, 2017

Synopsis:

Pop star Leontyne Blake might sing about love, but she stopped believing in it a long time ago. What women want is her image, not the real her. When her father has a stroke, she flees the spotlight and returns to her tiny Missouri hometown. 

In her childhood home, she meets small-town nurse Holly Drummond, who isn’t impressed by Leo’s fame at all. That isn’t the only thing that makes Holly different from other women. She’s also asexual. For her, dating is a minefield of expectations that she has decided to avoid. 

Can the tentative friendship between a burned-out pop star and a woman not interested in sex develop into something more despite their diverse expectations? 

A lesbian romance about achieving the perfect rhythm between two very different people—and finding happiness where they least expect it.




MEET LEONTYNE BLAKE

Being a pop star isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. My fans see only the celebrity, not the real me. My manager encourages me to show some skin because “sex sells.” After a year-long world tour, I’m burned out and need a break, but a visit in my tiny hometown in Missouri really isn’t what I had in mind. I thought I had escaped for good when I left for the big city fourteen years ago. 

But as soon as I go back home, I meet Holly, my father’s nurse. At first, we don’t even like each other. She thinks I’m a spoiled celebrity, and I think she’s just another narrow-minded small- town girl. But as I get to know her better, I realize how wrong that first impression was. 

Holly is so very different from all the women I’ve met before. She couldn’t care less about my money or my fame or my sex appeal. And she’s homoromantic and asexual. After a night-long Google search, I know it means that while she’s romantically drawn to women, she doesn’t experience sexual attraction. 

Does that mean I should cut my losses and move on? That’s easier said than done. Between trips to the local bakery, late-night conversations up on the roof, and a date at the vet’s office, I think I have fallen in love with Holly. Now I have to convince her that although we’re two very different women, we can still create a perfect rhythm together.


Contact the author:

You May Also Like

0 comments